Developing capacities for a sustainable future
Join our learning community of industry experts, partners, businesses, and sustainable tourism enthusiasts dedicated towards building a sustainable future!
Sustainable Tourism Destination Management (Sept 20-Oct 15, 2021)
Positive change and impactful initiatives in tourism destination management always start with the awareness of the principles of sustainability in the industry. This is what the course provides: you will be guided by our experts towards learning the basic principles of sustainability and learn practical tools in shaping successful sustainable tourism destinations.
About the course
- Session 1: Monday, September 20 (16:00-17:30 CEST) – Course orientation
- Session 2: Monday, September 27 (16:00-17:30 CEST)
- Session 3: Monday, October 4 (16:00-17:30 CEST)
- Session 4: Monday, October 11 (16:00-17:30 CEST)
- Session 5: Thursday, October 14 (16:00-17:30 CEST) – Closing session
*schedule subject to change. Announcements will be made should any changes occur.
COURSE PRICE: € 490,00
Optional certification exam: € 40,00
Be part of the first edition of the course and avail of the introductory price of € 367,50! Limited slots only.
At Green Destinations, we envision our Training Program to be holistic, inclusive, and adaptive to the needs of different individuals and destinations’ realities. The discounts are only available on the regular price of the course.
Country Income discount:
Special rates available based on your country of residency are as follows:
- Low-income countries* (see the list of countries here): 35% discount on the course price
- Middle-income countries* (see the list of countries here): 20% discount on the course price
*based on World Bank Data
Green Destinations & Global Leaders members discount:
Are you a Green Destinations or Global Leaders member? If so, we celebrate our relationship with a 25% discount on the course price!
Students discount: 25% discount on course prices.
For group purchases, please contact GD Training via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you qualify for more than one discount (e.g. both low-income country discount and ACP destination member discount), the highest discount rate will be applied.
Once you complete the verification and payment process, you will receive instructions on how to access the course via email within 24 hours.
- Albert Salman, President and Co-Founder, Green Destinations
- Hugo de Jong, Certification Manager and Board Member, Green Destinations
- Patice Talaue, Training Coordinator, Green Destinations
- Bibiana Cala, Co-founder and Managing Director, Good to Great Tourism
- Manuelle Prunier, Co-founder and Advisor, Good to Great Tourism
Bibiana Cala, Co-founder and Managing Director, Good to Great Tourism
Bibiana’s experience in sustainable tourism began over 20 years ago. As an anthropologist, she started studying tourism from a sociocultural perspective and then immersed herself in the further study and practice of tourism from a sustainable approach.
She received a Master’s degree in the Management of Sustainable Tourism from the University for International Cooperation (Costa Rica) in 2005. Based on her experiences and learnings she developed the “Rural Tourism Sustainability Matrix”, a tool designed to evaluate the sustainability of tourism development projects in rural areas.
Bibiana has a certification in Project Management for Sustainable Development (PM4SD™), she has served as a sustainable tourism professor in the University for The International Cooperation (Costa Rica) on their Sustainable Tourism Management master’s program and has taught in the Bow Valley College Business Administration Program (Calgary, Canada). She has participated in numerous international events and training projects, and she has been involved in tourism development and research projects, and in the assessment and strategic planning of community development initiatives.
This course is co-developed with Good to Great Tourism
Out of stock