WHO ARE WE?
We are the Green Destinations Foundation. A non-profit organisation for sustainable destination development and recognition based in the Netherlands.
Together with our partners we support more than 200 destinations in 60 countries to deliver responsible tourism based upon globally recognized principles and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Together we make places better and more sustainable.
WHY TO JOIN US?
- We offer an affordable and easy-to-use GSTC-accredited Certification program.
- More than any other certifier, we offer destination recognition and visibility in the market through our Awards program and our responsible travel promotion program.
- We have an ample experience with destinations all sizes, including country-wide approaches.
TOURISM PROS / ORGANISATIONS
- Join the largest network of tourism professionals, organisations, companies and academic institutions in 30 countries.
- Share knowledge and experiences with colleagues from around the world.
- Open call for destinations managers and tourism professionals that want to promote our programs in their destinations.
Events & Trainings
We host various sustainability-related events and trainings throughout the year, including the Global Green Destinations Days, the leading event in sustainable tourism for business and destination leaders.
At Green Destinations we offer a decentralized approach to our programs through a large network of partners: professionals ranging from independent consultants to NGOs, national tourism boards and government agencies.
Find out where is your nearest partner and how to become one here.
Over the years, more than 200 destinations have joined our program, gathering the world’s largest sustainable destinations community. By joining our program, your destination will become part of this network, share knowledge and experiences with colleagues from around the world.
GGDD20 was online!
This year, due to the COVID-19 crisis the Global Green Destinations Days (GGDD) was hosted online, giving us the rare opportunity to connect business and destination leaders, managers and experts in sustainable tourism in an online conference.