Green Destinations Ambassadors
Become an Ambassador! What are the benefits?
You can become one of the Editors of the Green Travel Guide of your destination, region or country.
Active ambassadors can greatly benefit from combined publicity around Green Destinations Days, where active Ambassadors will be given the opportunity to their sustainable tourism story or their Green Travel Guide.
Ambassadors share knowledge with other ambassadors in the “Green Destinations Ambassadors” groups on Facebook and LinkedIn, and in the annual Global Green Destinations Days!
What is the Ambassador’s commitment?
In the GD Ambassadors Community, you do not pay a fee, but you make one of the following commitments
- Taking initiatives in your destination, region or country to adopt the Green Destinations Standard in its destination management, and to participate in the Green Destinations Awards & Certification Program
Green Destinations Stories
During Green Destinations Day, we asked some Top 100 destination ambassadors to tell us a short story about their destination.
These stories were then made into videos, which illustrate the uniqueness of every destination. You can watch them all in this link.
This is “The Gentle Helpers Story” by Petra Stušek of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Who can be an Ambassador?
One Green Destination can be represented by several Ambassadors. The Ambassador Community includes people of different professional backgrounds:
- Political leaders, elected members of the local or regional council
- Destination managers responsible for sustainability, or marketing
- Business leaders, like hotel managers and owners
- Civil society and opinion leaders
Management of the Community
Ambassadors are members of the Green Destinations Ambassadors Community, chaired by Mr. Carlos Bernardes, Mayor of Torres Vedras, Portugal.