QualityCoast / Green Destinations members, Top 100 year 2 applicants, GD partners and (aspirant) auditors-advisors are invited to an advanced Green Destinations training workshop 23-24 July in Sintra, Portugal.
The training is aimed at enhancing the benefits of Green Destinations membership and improving applications for GD Awards & Certification, and has as main objectives:
- Learn from the Slovenia Green approach towards introducing sustainable destination management and engaging stakeholders in a structured and step-wise manner;
- Enhancing the (QualityCoast/ Green Destinations) Award applications by better understanding key criteria requirements, background, and guidance;
- Improving sustainable destination management performance and resulting Award level by providing tools, templates, and instructions towards criteria compliance (workshops).
Tuesday 23 July
10.30 Kick-off and Introduction (incl. updates on GD Award & Certification program)
11.30 The Slovenia Green approach towards introducing and operating a sustainable destination management system
14.00 Explanation and examples of key GD standard criteria requirements
15.00 Workshops on improving GD Standard Compliance
18.00 Closing day 1
Wednesday 24 July
09.00 Workshops on improving GD Standard Compliance
12.00 Individual questions
13.00 Closing day 2
Jana Apih (General Director ‘Good Place’ responsible for operating Slovenia Green)
Hugo de Jong (Green Destinations Certification Manager, The Netherlands)
Henrique Ramos (Green Destinations Auditor Portugal)
GD/QC members: € 200,- per person (special fee for 2 or more participants per destination: €175,-)
Non-GD/QC members: € 225,- per person
Fees include: training and workshops 23 and 24 July; lunch on 23 July; coffee and tea breaks
- Learn from success story in Slovenia Green where in a few years more than 45 destinations joined and received Bronze, Silver and Gold awards based on the GD Standard
- Find out about the adequate interpretation of Green Destinations Standard criteria, what is expected and examples/suggestions what you can report to indicate compliance
- Improve your destination’s sustainability management with the supply of practical tools and templates, and hands-on guidance on how to apply them
- Workshop participants will receive a Training Certificate that will contribute towards GD standard criterion 1.4: Trained coordinator/team.
This is a small-scale training; there is limited availability. Send your registration request before the 1st of July to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating:
- Destination / organisation
- Dietary requirements
- A few lines why you’d like to join the training
If your registration is accepted, you will receive confirmation and your invoice.
We look forward to meeting you in Portugal!
The Green Destinations Training team