SUSTAINABLE DESTINATION AWARDS 2020
Previously known as the ITB Sustainable Destinations Awards, the Green Destinations Stories Awards is a ceremony to showcase the best Inspirational Stories of resilient tourism from the Top 100 Competition – sponsored by ITB and GLP Films.
The Top 100 Sustainable Destinations Awards have changed name in 2021 and are now called the Green Destinations Stories Awards @ ITB Berlin.
In 2021, the destinations selected to be a part of the Top 100 list are eligible for nomination to the GD Stories Awards in one of the following categories:
- Culture and Communities Award
- Environment and Climate Award
- Nature and Ecotourism Award
- Islands and Seaside Award
- Covid and Tourism Strategy Award
More information coming soon!
TOP 100 SUSTAINABLE DESTINATIONS AWARDS @ ITB 2020
We are happy to present the winners and finalists of the Sustainable Destinations Awards 2020.
Unfortunately, the 2020 Award ceremony at ITB Berlin was cancelled due to COVID-19 measures. The Award Ceremony was postponed to the Global Green Destination Days online conference, 6-8 October 2020.
These are the winners in 7 Award Categories, scroll down for all finalists and more info.
ITB Earth Award | QualityCoast Delta, Netherlands
Best of Communities & Culture | Douglas Shire, Australia
Best of Nature | Azores, Portugal
Best of Africa | #Khoadi //Hoas Conservancy, Namibia
Best of Asia-Pacific | North-East Yilan Coast, Taiwan
Best of the Americas | Vail, Colorado (USA)
Best of Europe | Slovenia
AN INITIATIVE BY
The Award Winners and Finalists
Top 100 Awards Jury
- Albert Salman – Green Destinations, the Netherlands, founder and President of the Jury.
- Rika Jean-François – ITB Berlin, Germany
- Masaru Takayama – Asian Ecotourism Network (AEN), Thailand
- Lonneke De Kort – bookdifferent.com, the Netherlands
- Jonathan B. Tourtellot – Destination Stewardship Center, USA
- Rod Hillman – Ecotourism Australia, Australia
- Glenn Jampol – Global Ecotourism Network (GEN), USA
- Peter Prokosch – Linking Tourism & Conservation (LT&C), Norway
- Hugo de Jong – QualityCoast Awards, the Netherlands
- Susan Santos de Cárdenas – Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development
- Paloma Zapata – Sustainable Travel International (STI), USA
- Naut Kusters – Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents, the Netherlands
- Valere Tjolle – Totem Tourism, UK
- Charlie Kao – TravelMole’s VISION on Sustainable Tourism, Paris
- Rob Holmes – GLP Films, Founder & Chief Strategist.
ITB Earth Award
- Dutch QualityCoast Delta
- goeree-overflakkee.nl – “Zuidwestelijke Delta meest duurzame toeristische bestemming ter wereld!“
- rijnmond.nl – “Zuidwestelijk Deltagebied opnieuw meest duurzame toeristische bestemming ter wereld”
- Omroep Zeeland – “Deltagebied duurzaamste toeristische bestemming ter wereld”
- LINQ Media – “Westvoorne wint de ITB Earth 2020 Award”
- Goeree-Overflakkee Nieuws – “Prachtige prijs voor onder andere Goeree-Overflakkee”
- iGO – “Goeree-Overflakkee wint ITB Earth 2020 Award”
Best of Nature
- Galapagos Islands
- Pemuteran Village, Bali
Best of Communities & Culture
- Douglas Shire
- Torres Vedras
Best of Africa
- ≠Khoadi//Hoas Conservancy, Namibia
- Félicité Island, Seychelles
- North Island, Seychelles
Best of the Americas
- Vail, Colorado
- Alberta SouthWest
Best of Asia-Pacific
- North-East and Yilan Coast
- Club Paradise Palawan