The Green Destinations methodology is structured by the sustainability management guidelines of our own Standard, recognised by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
SUSTAINABILITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Green Destinations Standard has enabled us to create a support tool for destinations, which involves measuring, monitoring, defining actions improving quality and sustainability, and a reporting tool for:
We offer assessments and recommendations, and an Awards programme, in preparation for certification.
We offer Baseline Assessment, interactive evaluation of baseline performance of the GSTC-Recognised Green Destinations Standard.
We offer free public reporting, through tour operators and booking websites.
The Green Destinations database contains many data of ca. 2000 destinations.
Data are gathered for ca. 100 indicators on destination quality, trends, and policy performance.
The database helps Green Destinations to assess compliance of Member destinations with the criteria of the Standard. This process is informed by a quantitative assessment of indicators, resulting into an overall Green Destinations rating, composed of thematic ratings (1-10 scale) of:
ONLINE ASSESSMENT & REPORTING SYSTEM
Developed in collaboration with the European Centre for Eco and Agro Tourism (ECEAT). This online platform was created to easily:
- Assess your destination's sustainability performance based on the Green Destinations Standard (GSTC recognized)
- View guidance on how the standard should be applied
- Prepare internal and external sustainability reports
- Create action plans to improve your performance
- Apply for verification by one of our desk auditors
- View and review the quality indicators that make up the Green Destinations Rating
The Assessment And Rating System allows us to:
- Underpin recommendations and appropriate Award levels for destinations, to reflect their progress.
- Provide information on the attractiveness and sustainability of destinations to consumers through tourism booking websites, e.g. Booking.com affiliate BookDifferent (fig.)