We welcome students and young professionals to join the team!
OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Motivated students, young professionals and sustainable tourism advocates are always welcome to join our team!
We are currently looking for:
Advanced Bachelor (from 3rd year) and Masters students can apply for an internship placement to any of our departments.
We can welcome you as a volunteer, in case you have finished your studies already and would like to contribute to the work of Green Destinations.
HOW IS IT TO WORK WITH US?
You will be part of an international team, working remotely, adjusting to different time zones.
Your work at Green Destinations during your internship will be on a voluntary basis.
Since our interns directly execute projects, we only accept applicants with an excellent command of English.
The minimum requirement for all positions is four months and 20hrs/week, unless stated otherwise.
We aim to minimize our impacts on the environment, and we know that one person’s actions can make a difference. In keeping with these values, please be sensitive to environmental concerns when sending your application (minimise files as much as possible)
Our office and positions have completely moved into an online setting, and our Leiden office is closed until further notice. We now work from different continents and time zones, opening the possibility for an even more diverse team.
We are looking forward to working and growing with you!
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the Application Form as thoroughly as possible. You will also be requested to upload your CV.
Please note that Green Destinations also encourages spontaneous applications. If there are no open positions that fit your skills or career plans, don’t hesitate to fill in the application form nonetheless. Positions can open at any time of the year.
AFTER YOU APPLY
The process can take some time, so we appreciate your patience.
We will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the progress of your application. However, we are not able to send a personal reply to each applicant individually. When applying to a particular position(s), you can expect to receive a response within 2 or 3 weeks if your application was successful
WHAT KIND OF WORK YOU CAN DO?
Placements are possible in any of the following fields, or combinations thereof:
- Main contact person of Green Destinations
- Handle the online team management and recruiting process
- Communication point for GD Partners and Ambassadors
- Check Award & Certification applications on completeness and accuracy (technical check)
- Help evaluate GSTC-Accredited level auditor assessments (become trained as GD Auditor)
- Support daily operation, coordination of the program (keep track of membership terms and dues)
- Communication with program members about their application (deadlines, questions, coaching)
- Create content about our programs (brochures, presentations, webinars)
- Assist in the management of the Top 100 Competition
- Create content, brochures, infographics, presentations for Partners and Destination Managers
- Organize webinars
- Support the nomination process
- Evaluate the 30 c0re criteria report and Good Practice Stories of participants
- Support the Social Media team by providing content for posts and publications
- Assist in the development of the Green Destinations training program
- Create content, manage the platform
- Organize lectures, webinars
- Find relevant content from Partners, organizations for the different modules
- Help create/ assist in the Assessment program for destinations and countries
- Assist with data analysis of indexes
- Assist/lead the implementation of the Marketing and Business plan supporting all projects
- Create social media campaigns
- Create communication campaigns for our Partners and Destinations
- Prepare the regular Newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Create content and designs (Canva Pro, Illustrator)
- Maintain, optimize the GD website, create new pages (WordPress)
- Green Destinations Sustainable Destination Awards at ITB Berlin, March (annually).
- Global Green Destinations Days (GGDD), Sep-Oct (annually)
- Training program events/webinars
- Ad-hoc GD training workshops.
- The leading event organizing trainee is usually supported in attending the event that s/he has helped prepare.
- Help identify and analyse good practice experience and “green solutions” that can help destinations to improve sustainability.
- Make selected good practices and green solutions available to destination managers and experts by follow-up research and integrating good practices in the Guidance or Training modules of the Green Destinations Platform.
- Support specific Green Destinations Country Representatives and or Auditors in their work, e.g. by collecting evidence of sustainability compliance at country level, e.g. based upon legislation.
- Support the identification of the green travel offer (sustainable businesses, products, responsible services, tourism and leisure activities) within selected countries and destinations.
OUR PREVIOUS INTERNS' TESTIMONIALS
Without a doubt, this is one of the best opportunities I’ve ever had. I had an opportunity to work with nice and kind people from all around the world. Not only did I gain valuable knowledge about overall marketing and communication abilities, but I also gained an understanding of sustainability and tourism development.
– CHAYAPORN TANMAK –
This has been the best experience in the sustainable field for me. I have had the opportunity to be part of the HR department where one of the biggest advantages has been to know further about every program and team within Green Destinations and to be constantly in contact with a wide network of interns and volunteers from all around the world.
I am also very thankful for the opportunity that I had on participating at the GGDD 2021 and especially for being present at the launching of the last but not least program of the organisation, the START program.
-HELENA LLUIS –
My internship with Green Destinations has offered me to expand my knowledge about sustainable tourism and destination management and to explore, how my insights and skills can be useful to help make tourism more sustainable in the future.
As part of the events team, I had the pleasure of working together with great people from all over the world to raise awareness and help bring like-minded people together.
Thank you for this opportunity!
-THERESA KlLEIMENHAGEN –
GD/GTG offered me the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about sustainability in tourism destinations and businesses, as well as to broaden my knowledge in other fields. I got the chance to be involved in the creation of the START program. Here I contributed to the development of tools for destinations to help them chart a path to a more sustainable tourism sector. I really enjoyed working at GD/GTG and especially value the open and flexible environment of the organisation.
-SANNE VAALT –