AN INITIATIVE BY
Key dates 2019-2020
ITB Earth Award: destination showing global leadership in combatting climate change and environmental degradation.
Best of Culture & Communities: global leadership in protecting culture and tradition involving local communities, and avoiding overtourism.
Best of Nature & ecotourism: destination showing global leadership in protecting wildlife, natural habitats and landscapes.
Best of Seaside: coastal or island destination showing global leadership in offering sustainable water-related tourism and leisure opportunities.
The best overall Top100-destination in each continent: Best of Africa, Best of the Americas, Best of Asia-Pacific and Best of Europe.
Top 100 Awards Jury
- Albert Salman – Green Destinations, the Netherlands, founder and President of the Jury.
- Rika Jean-François – ITB Berlin, Germany
- Masaru Takayama – Asian Ecotourism Network (AEN), Thailand
- Lonneke De Kort – bookdifferent.com, the Netherlands
- Jonathan B. Tourtellot – Destination Stewardship Center, USA
- Rod Hillman – Ecotourism Australia, Australia
- Glenn Jampol – Global Ecotourism Network (GEN), USA
- Peter Prokosch – Linking Tourism & Conservation (LT&C), Norway
- Hugo de Jong – QualityCoast Awards, the Netherlands
- Susan Santos de Cárdenas – Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development
- Paloma Zapata – Sustainable Travel International (STI), USA
- Naut Kusters – Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents, the Netherlands
- Valere Tjolle – Totem Tourism, UK
- Charlie Kao – TravelMole’s VISION on Sustainable Tourism, Paris
- Rob Holmes – GLP Films, Founder & Chief Strategist.