Green Destinations Ambassadors
Become an Ambassador! What are the benefits?
Ambassadors are encouraged to share knowledge with other ambassadors in workshops, for which accommodation could be provided by ambassadors from the hotel sector. Launch your idea in the “Green Destinations Ambassadors” groups on Facebook and LinkedIn!
Get fresh ideas from many other people who are also committed to the well-being of their destination: join the Ambassadors groups on the social media!
Active ambassadors can greatly benefit from combined publicity around Green Destinations Days, where new Ambassadors can be inaugurated, and present their success stories.
What is the Ambassador’s commitment?
In a GD Ambassadors Community, you do not pay a fee, but you make one of the following commitments
- Taking initiatives in your destination to adopt the Green Destinations Standard in 2017 (International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development)
- Helping to host or organise an Ambassadors meeting or Green Destinations Day, or to contribute with a presentation of good practices from your destination
Green Destinations Stories
During Green Destinations Day, we asked some Top 100 destination ambassadors to tell us a short story about their destination.
These stories were then made into videos, which illustrate the uniqueness of every destination.
This is “The Gentle Helpers Story” by Petra Stušek of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Who can be an Ambassador?
One destination can be represented by several Ambassadors. The Ambassador Community includes people of different professional backgrounds:
- Political leaders, elected members of the local or regional council
- Destination managers responsible for sustainability, or marketing
- Business leaders, like hotel managers and owners
- Civil society and opinion leaders
Management of the Community
Ambassadors are members of the Green Destinations Community.
The activities of the Community are coordinated by a Green Destinations Committee, consisting of:
- Elizaveta Ragozina, member of the Green Destinations Team;
- Carlos Bernardes, Mayor of Torres Vedras, Portugal, president of the European Ambassadors community;
- The programme leaders of Green Destinations, QualityCoast and Slovenia Green, representing all committed green destinations.