IT.A.CÀ Rimini 2017 – Green Destinations Day Italy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd; Rimini Campus – University of Bologna
International event part of the initiative Global Green Destinations Days, to be held in several destinations that are part of the Green Destinations community. Rimini will be the host city in Italy.
It will be an opportunity to involve all Italians and international students of the degrees in Tourism, Environmental Sustainability and Service Management, as well as the tourism sector, public authorities and residents of Rimini. This event will include the presentation of the Green Destinations’ organization and some of the initiatives that they currently carry on. International experts and best practices from national and international destinations will be presented.
9.00 – 13.00
- Pierluigi Musarò – Director of IT.A.CA’ migrants and travelers
9 years of sustainable and responsible tourism for development through IT.A.CA’ festival
- Eun Ji Tae, Coordinator, United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Knowledge Network, Programme Officer, Affiliate Members.
“Travel Enjoy Respect” Campaign presentation, International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development and Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
- Albert Salman, President Green Destinations
Sustainability Criteria, Top 100 Competition 2017 Launch, Ambassadors Community, Green Travel Map project.
- José Maria de Juan, Coordinator International Cooperation, Director KOAN Consulting, EARTH/ ISTO
When social and responsible tourism join forces. Merger between the European Alliance for Responsible Tourism and the International Social Tourism Organization.
- Simone Riccardi, Founder Ecobnb
Community of sustainable tourism. Awarded by UNWTO for the “Innovation in Enterprises” category.
- Jana Apih, Managing Director Good Place Factory of Sustainable Tourism and Tina H. Zakonjšek, General Manager New Tourism Institute.
Slovenia Case: Using ETIS and the GSTC criteria to create the “Slovenia Green Certification”.
- Raffaella Nocchi, Montepisano DMO, Tuscany – Valere Tjolle, Founder Best of Romagna, Joint Founder Top 100 Sustainable Destinations, Editor of TravelMole Vision
Members of the network Green Destinations, presenting their best practices
- Agency Strategic Plan of Rimini/ Municipality of Rimini (name to be confirmed)
- Destinazione Turistica Romagna (to be confirmed)
14.30 - 18.00
Student Forum (University)
Discussion panel with international experts and professors. Presentation of the results of Student Projects from the international Master TEaM (Tourism Economics and Management).
15.00 - 19.00
Green Destination Networking Meeting
with key Italian players interested in joining the Ambassadors Community and creating an Italian network for sustainable tourism. Italian Green Destinations Ambassadors, tourism sector operators and Italian representatives of interested destinations will be invited to participate and present their ambitions in sustainable and responsible tourism in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism 2017.
The full programme of the event and the entire Festival IT.A.CA’ of Responsible Tourism will be available by July in the official website of the festival and on the website of the event organizer – Center for Advanced Studies in Tourism (CAST)