AN INITIATIVE BY
The Award Finalists and Winners
Best of Nature
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in actively protecting its scenic views, natural habitats and wildlife, and showing respect for animals, a basis for its sustainable tourism development.
- Dutch QualityCoast Delta
- Lake Tahoe (USA)
- Sani Isla (Ecuador)
Best of Cities
City showing global leadership in urban sustainability and avoiding disruptive mass tourism (overtourism).
Best of Communities & Culture
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in protecting its local culture and tradition, social fabric and sense of place, in involving its local community in tourism, and in avoiding human exploitation, human rights violation, and disruptive mass tourism (over-tourism).
Best of Seaside
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in offering water related leisure opportunities in agreement with the principles of sustainable tourism.
Best of Ecotourism
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in offering responsible ecotourism opportunities.
ITB Earth Award
The world is dying – What are we doing? Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in combatting climate change and environmental degradation.
Best of the Planet
Destinations showing international leadership and innovation in responsible and sustainable tourism in different parts of the world.
Best of Africa
Best of the Americas
Best of Asia-Pacific
Best of Europe
- Bled (Slovenia)
- Mali Losinj (Croatia)
For more information on the Finalists, follow their links or find them on www.sustainabletop100.org.
Top 100 Awards Jury
- Rika Jean-François – ITB Berlin, Germany
- Masaru Takayama – Asian Ecotourism Network (AEN), Thailand
- Lonneke De Kort – bookdifferent.com, the Netherlands
- Jonathan B. Tourtellot – Destination Stewardship Center, USA
- Rod Hillman – Ecotourism Australia, Australia
- Glenn Jampol – Global Ecotourism Network (GEN), USA
- Peter Prokosch – Linking Tourism & Conservation (LT&C), Norway
- Hugo de Jong – QualityCoast Awards, the Netherlands
- Paloma Zapata – Sustainable Travel International (STI), USA
- Anne-Kathrin Zschiegner – The Long Run, United Kingdom
- Naut Kusters – Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents, the Netherlands
- Valere Tjolle – TravelMole’s VISION on Sustainable Tourism, UK/Italy