The Award Categories
ITB Earth Award
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in contributing to combating climate change and environmental degradation.
Best of Culture & Communities
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in protecting culture and tradition, involving local communities, and avoiding overtourism.
Best of Cities
City showing global leadership in urban sustainability and avoiding disruptive mass tourism (overtourism).
Best of Nature
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in protecting wildlife, natural habitats and landscapes.
Best of Ecotourism
Best Top 100 Destination showing global leadership in offering responsible ecotourism opportunities.
Best of Seaside
Best Top 100 coastal or island destination showing global leadership in offering sustainable water-related tourism and leisure opportunities.
Best of the Planet: the best green destination of each continent
Destination showing international leadership and innovation in responsible and sustainable tourism in different parts of the world:
- Best of Africa
- Best of the Americas
- Best of Asia – Pacific
- Best of Europe
Top 100 Awards Jury
- Rika Jean-François – ITB Berlin, Germany
- Masaru Takayama – Asian Ecotourism Network (AEN), Thailand
- Lonneke De Kort – bookdifferent.com, the Netherlands
- Jonathan B. Tourtellot – Destination Stewardship Center, USA
- Rod Hillman – Ecotourism Australia, Australia
- Glenn Jampol – Global Ecotourism Network (GEN), USA
- Peter Prokosch – Linking Tourism & Conservation (LT&C), Norway
- Hugo de Jong – QualityCoast Awards, the Netherlands
- Paloma Zapata – Sustainable Travel International (STI), USA
- Anne-Kathrin Zschiegner – The Long Run, United Kingdom
- Naut Kusters – Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents, the Netherlands
- Valere Tjolle – TravelMole’s VISION on Sustainable Tourism, UK/Italy